PLOs and CLOs
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES:
On the completion of the B.Ed. (2years) programme, student teachers will be able to develop:
- to impart relevant knowledge with respect to foundation and methodology courses.
- to promote mastery over the required content.
- to know, select and use teaching methods.
- to understand the paradigm shift in conceptualizing disciplinary knowledge in school curriculum,
- to acquire necessary competencies for organizing learning experiences,
- to select and use of appropriate assessment strategies for facilitating learning.
- to analyse the content, text books and syllabus.
- to impart teaching skills and strategies to transfer the given content suitably in classroom situations
- to innovate and experiment classroom practices.
- to imbibe and uphold qualities of a good teacher ,
- to be just and impartial ,
- to show love and respect to the individuality of the child ,
- to inspire and professionally help the parents for the care and guidance of their wards ,
- to preserve proper balance of his/her life as a person of character and be an example to others with his/her intellectual honesty and moral integrity as well as loyalty to the institution to which he /she belongs
- to develop professional attitude, to help demonstrate commitment to values such as loyalty, love, service, equality and excellence.
Effective Citizen Ethics:
- to understand different values such as morality , social service and accept responsibility for the society.
- to create leaders in all walks of life and thus be agents of change in the society by breaking the fetters of all social evils for the betterment of the people of our country and for a better world.
- to boost confidence and promote abilities to communicate effectively,
- to plan, teach, organize school related /community based activities and programmes,
- to collaborate with parents and community for the betterment of students.
- sensitize all issues of ecology
- understand the importance of the environmental awareness
- take precautionary steps in protecting the environment.
Manage Classroom Situations:
- to interact with children from diverse socio economic and diverse backgrounds,
- to identity and manage the challenging and overcoming gender inequalities,
- to identify the diversities and to deal effectively in inclusive classroom environment,
- to create sensitivity about language diversity in classroom and its role in teaching – learning process ,
- to develop skills involved in dealing with the academic and personal problems of learners.
- to organize guidance and counseling programmed for disabled students.
- to work as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings
- to follow the principles of collaborative learning, co-operative learning and team -teaching.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES:
After the completion of the course the student will be able to:
COURSE-1: CHILDHOOD AND GROWING UP
- Explain the process of development with special focus on infancy, childhood and adolescence
- Critically analyse developmental variations among children.
- Comprehend adolescence as a period of transition and threshold of adulthood.
- Analyse different factors influencing child development.
COURSE-2: CONTEMPORARY EDUCATION IN INDIA
- Explain the history, nature and process and Philosophy of education
- Analyse the role of educational system in the context of Modern Ethos. Understand the concept of diversity.
- Develop an understanding of the trends, issues, and challenges faced by the contemporary Indian Education in global context.
COURSE-3: LEARNING TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT
- Comprehend the theories of learning and intelligence and their applications for teaching children
- Analyse the learning process, nature and theory of motivation
- Describe the stages of teaching and learning and the role of teacher
- Situate self in the teaching learning process
- Analyse the scope and role of assessment in teaching learning process in order to introduce dynamic assessment scheme for educational set up towards enhanced learning.
COURSE-4: LANGUAGE ACROSS THE SCHOOL CURRICULUM
- Understand the language background of students
- Create sensitivity to the language diversity that exists in the classroom
- Understand the nature of classroom discourse and develop strategies for using oral language in the classroom
- Understand the nature of reading in the content areas in different school subjects
- Understand the nature of writing in specific content areas in school subjects
COURSE-5: UNDERSTANDING DISCIPLINE AND PEDAGOGY: LANGUAGE
- Understand the language background of students.
- Understand the language policies.
- Understand the nature of classroom.
- Understand the mother tongue and other language importance’s.
- Understand the components of reading, writing.
- Understand the nature of writing in specific content areas.
COURSE-6: GENDER, SCHOOL AND SOCIETY
- Define key constructs in gender
- Explain the social construction of gender
- Correlate gender and school
- State and explain the constitutional provisions put forth for girl child education
- List important legal decision related to women protection